My season is done…the argument could be made that it never really started.
This has NOT been a banner season. I think even last year went better than this year and at that point, the kid was tiny and waking up every 3 hours.
- Charm city: DFL – cross results says otherwise, but it was DFL.
- Granogue: DNF on the last lap. I regret this one because there was no good reason not to finish. I would have been last, but I should have finished.
- Hyattsville: almost reverse podium (bottom 6). results out of the equation, this was a good race for me.
- DCCX: Next to last, but crossresults and the internet say that I don’t exist.
- Kindercross: DNF. mechanical, but I was glad when it happened.
- Tacchino: I was DFL, and most definitely IN THE WAY of the field so I went DNF. no regrets.
I thought I had a few more in me but I’m going to call it.
Last year, the HoCo weekend did me in. This year, it wasn’t even an option.
I as in Boston for work this past week. I knew ahead of time and had plans to check out some of the famed New England CX scene. In the end, I didn’t bring a bike up because I was pretty pressed for time. I thought I might regret it, but the weekend was already packed so it was a good call. Not racing also let me get back home to spend the day with the fam after 3 days away.
Nothing really to bring to the table for Taneytown. Cattle Cross is still a maybe since it’s a new race and an interesting format.
I haven’t heard of any Jan/Feb Races so Season 6 is in the books. Now the trick is to find some time to get back into the woods again. Until then, most of my riding will be banging around on my sweet new grocery getter/Johnny Rad’s/Mahaffey’s mobile. But hopefully I can get some dirt under the tires sooner rather than later.