so cross season is coming, but not soon enough. I had the idea of doing a summer cross series. I would like to do 4 races, but my summer calendar is almost packed to the gills already so I had to compromise a little. If you have done cross before, it will be like that, but MUCH less organized. If you have not raced cross before, it will be like riding your road bike, but less comfortable and more fun or riding your mountain bike but less technical and more fun.
Here’s the basic details:
- Wed July 30. Riverdale MD. early evening. this is very close to my birthday. Feel free to chip in and buy me a Surly Karate Monkey or a Kona Kapu because everyone knows that I don’t have enough bicycles.
- Sunday Aug 10. Columbia MD. EARLY morning. later that evening, or perhaps as a matinee show, I haven’t decided, there is a rock and roll show for a band called Pedals on Our Pirate Ships in Baltimore. One of my bands will probably be playing as well.
- Sunday Aug 17 ccvcx finals in Baltimore MD. This will be another “stage race” event. There will be 3 stages. Each stage will have a recommended rehydration point.
A few more details.
- ride whatever bike you want. cross bike is ideal. road bike with knobbies or rigid mountain bike after that. suspended mtb or regular road bike will still work . and as always single speed is strongly encouraged.
- this is NOT a very serious event.
- Don’t want to race? Come Spectate, take pictures, bring a cowbell, rehydrate with us.
- to “register” you have to e-mail me directly at jim(AT)charmcityvelo.com you will receive all other important details that way. I would like to keep a running tab of who’s coming so I have a general idea. Even if you have my normal e-mail address that I check more often, e-mail me at that one so I can keep everything in one place.
- flyer will follow.
- at this point, this is VERY tentative.