search site archives
I only care about...
- 5 of us left baltimore at 8:15 AM. There were many no-shows. they got caught be fear, reason, or the aftermath of the previous evening. 1 fixed gear, 4 road bikes.
- met up with 2 members of the SSOFT in Elkridge. 2 more fixed gears.
- met up with a random guy rolling on a really nice seven road bike in Laurel. He asked where we were riding to, and decided to join in.
- took this picture @ a 7-11.
- In College Park, we lost our first rider (pre-planned). Jen parted ways and hopped in my pre-stationed getaway car and drove back to Baltimore.
- in DC we about doubled in size. all but one on fixed gears (2 more SSOFT members, they rep hard). I suspect that Steve will probably write something up about it.
- DC riders were fresh and ready to go, some baltimore riders (especially me) had a little less vigor and vim.
- lost our second rider to some non drive side crank problems in beltsville.
- made it back to Baltimore later than expected. Some riders, and by “some riders” I actually mean just me, were totally fried and rolled in the last 20 miles at a snail’s pace.
- Brewer’s Art French Fried made everything better.
- DC folks hit the road at 7 PM hopefully not too much darkness on their way home.
5 Responses to 'monument to monument wrap up'
Leave a Reply